The pilot “Mercedes” Lewis Hamilton in Mexico city ahead of schedule became the world champion and racer Red bulls Max Verstappen to two years extended its hegemony on the Mexican stage.
Hamilton to design the fifth title in Mexico was enough to finish in the top 7. The British coped with this task, though left without a podium, faced with excessive tire wear.
Hamilton became only the third driver in the history of Formula 1 with at least five world championship titles. The Briton drew level with Juan Manuel Fangio and another step closer to the record seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher.
As for the race in Mexico, it is crucial to become the first meters of the race. The owner of the pole, Daniel ricciardo failed start, behind Verstappen and Hamilton. The Dutch immediately broke away from the driver of “Mercedes” and no one is allowed to attack their position.
Vettel starting from the fourth position burst on the second, and the top 3 was rounded out by Kimi Raikkonen, who up to the podium helped the problems of Hamilton and the next gathering Riccardo.
Grand Prix of Mexico. Race results:
1. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
2. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) +17,316
3. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) +32,598
4. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) +28,824
5. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) +19,589
6. Nico Hulkenberg (Renault) +2 laps
7. Charles Leclere (“Zauber”) +2 laps
8. Stoffel Vandorn (“McLaren”) +2 laps
9. Marcus Ericsson (“Zauber”) +2 laps
10. Pierre went Out (Toro Rosso) +2 laps
11. Esteban Windows (“Force India”) +2 laps
12. Brendon Hartley (Toro Rosso) +2 laps
13. Lance Stroll (“Williams”) +2 laps
14. Sergey Sirotkin (“Williams”) +2 laps
15. Kevin Magnussen (“Haas”) +2 laps
16. Romain Grosjean (“Haas”) +3 laps
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.