Monday , August 26 2019
Home / photo report / Facts about the Land, able to surprise anyone. Photo

Facts about the Land, able to surprise anyone. Photo

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. ФотоThey are dazzling.

We think we know about our galactic home almost everything. In fact it is not — some scientists joke that the Earth people know far less than about the Universe.

We have gathered for you some interesting facts about our planet that you may will surprise many.

Everest is not the highest mountain on the planet

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

The height of Mauna Kea above sea level is 4 205 meters, but most of it is hidden under water. The overall height of this peak, located in the Hawaiian Islands, is 10 203 meters, that is 1 355 more than Everest.

States have upper bounds

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

Line Pocket is an imaginary line located at an altitude of 100 km above sea level. Despite the fact that the earth’s atmosphere ends is much higher, the international aviation Association has admitted that mark the boundary between atmosphere and outer space.

The driest place on Earth is in Antarctica

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

It is believed that the driest place on the planet — Chile’s Atacama desert, where precipitation was not for several thousand years. But there is a place on Earth, where they fell to 2 million years, and that dry valleys McMurdo located in Antarctica. In addition, it is blowing the strongest winds on the planet.

Fresh water on the Earth is not more than 3 %

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

97 % of water on our planet is contained in the seas and oceans, and all of it is not drinkable due to high salinity and large amounts of minerals. Of the remaining 3 % of water 70% is contained in glaciers and another 20% is in lake Baikal.

The oldest temple on Earth about 12,000 years

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

The ruins of the world’s oldest temple complex of Göbekli Tepe are in the territory of modern Turkey. Paintings found on the remains of stelae, have allowed scientists to suggest that around 11,000 years ago, fell to Earth, the comet that caused the decrease in temperature across the planet.

The moon was once part of the Earth

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

According to the theory put forward by the Swiss scientists, at 4.36 billion years ago the Earth at a tangent has faced with the hypothetical planet Theia, which tore part of the mantle, turning it into a natural satellite of our planet.

After 250 million years the continents will join again

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

As you know, the single continent of Pangaea that existed 335-175 million years ago, split into Laurasia and Gondwana, which later split into those that exist in our time.

According to forecasts of scientists, using 250-300 million years all the continents will once again become a single entity and make a supercontinent called Pangaea the Last.

One bacterium has destroyed almost all life on Earth

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

According to the theory of scientists from mit, the cause of the mass extinction, during which the face of the Earth disappeared 90% of living species, was the only one bacterium called methanosarcina.

The increase of its quantity in the waters of the World ocean 252 million years ago caused including the only scientist known mass extinction of insects. It is believed that it gave “a green light” to the archosaurs — the ancestors of the dinosaurs.

Most of our planet is always in darkness

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

As you know, the World ocean occupies 71% of the earth’s surface. The thickness of the water layer, illuminated by sunlight is not more than 200 meters, and the rest of the water column is in the dark. Accordingly, a large part of our planet is in darkness at any time of the day or night.

The time difference in neighboring States may be more than a day

Факты о Земле, способные удивить любого. Фото

Despite the fact that the distance between American Samoa and the Line Islands belonging to Kiribati, only about 2 000 km, the time difference is 25 hours.

© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.

Check Also

Kate Middleton created a garden in honour of Princess Diana. Photo

The Duchess has prepared a draft of his garden “Back to nature”. 37-year-old Kate Middleton …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *