The pilot of the Mercedes of Valtteri Bottas became the winner of the qualifying heats at the Grand Prix of Russia in Sochi.
The first segment with a score of 1:32,410 won Hamilton, ahead of nearest competitor by nearly six tenths of a second. Qualification ended Hartley, Alonso, Sirotkin, Vandorn and Stroll.
In the second segment, the pilots of the Mercedes continued to set the pace – Hamilton was again fastest (1:32,595), Bottas fell behind by almost two tenths of a second. In the top 10 because of penalties on fought the pilots of Red bull Verstappen and Ricardo, also from the struggle for the high places out went Out, Sainz and Hulkenberg.
In the final qualification Bottas in the first attempt only for 0.004 seconds ahead of Hamilton. The defending champion tried to take revenge, but made a mistake in the second sector and was content with second place.
Valtteri Bottas for the sixth time in his career, will start the race from the first position. In this season, the Finn from pole position was launched in Austria, but due to technical problems not finished in the race.
Grand Prix of Russia. Qualifying results:
1. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) – 1.31,387
2. Lewis Hamilton (“Mercedes”) – 1.31,532
3. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) – 1.31,943
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) – 1.32,237
5. Kevin Magnussen (“Haas”) Is 1.33,181
6. Esteban Windows (“Force India”) – 1.33,413
7. Charles Leclere (“Zauber”) – 1.33,419
8. Sergio Perez (“Force India”) – 1.33,563
9. Romain Grosjean (“Haas”) Is 1.33,704
10. Marcus Ericsson (“Zauber”) – 1.35,196
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.