The pilot of the Mercedes of Valtteri Bottas for the Russian Grand Prix opened the scoring in their victories at the stages of Formula 1.
The defining moment of the race happened at the start, Bottas third position broke on first, leaving behind the two drivers Ferrari Vettel and Raikkonen.
Finn gradually pulled away from Vettel by five seconds. German, in turn, has created a comfortable advantage over Raikkonen, and Kimi pulled away a few seconds from Hamilton.
In Ferrari have tried to sit out the Mercedes on the pit stop, but no benefits received – Vettel left the boxes behind Bottas in 4.6 seconds. At some point Finn made a mistake and quickly lost half of its margin.
In the last laps Vettel pulled to the Bottom by 0.7 seconds, but was unable to attack the position of the driver of “Mercedes”, which in his 81st race opened the scoring victories. Vettel became the fifth driver in the history of Formula 1 who scored at least 90 podiums. The Raikkonen 85th podium
career and first this season.
In personal offset the advantage of Sebastian Vettel over Lewis Hamilton after the fourth race of the season increased to 13 points. Mercedes thanks to the victory of Bottas in the Constructors ‘ championship, one point ahead of Ferrari.
Grand Prix of Russia. Race results:
1. Valtteri Bottas (“Mercedes”) — 1:28:08, 743
2. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) +0,617
3. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) +11,000
4. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) +36,320
5. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) +1:00,416
6. Sergio Perez (“Force India”) +1:26,788
7. Esteban Windows (“Force India”) +1:35,004
8. Nico Hulkenberg (Renault) +1:36,188
9. Felipe Massa (“Williams”) +1 lap
10. Carlos Sainz (Toro Rosso) +1 lap
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.