Snoring is not such a harmless problem.
The snoring of one person can seriously affect the quality of sleep of the other. It not only causes bad morning mood, but very often leads to sleeping partners in different bedrooms. Daniel slaughter, MD, an otolaryngologist and snoring expert, has become a witness of how snoring destroys the marriage. Even if your spouse claims that his snoring doesn’t bother, remember that sometimes it can indicate a more serious health problems, reports the Chronicle.info with reference for Today..
Cause of snoring can be a health problem
If your loved one complains of constant snoring coming from your side of the bed every night, don’t ignore it. Annoying sound, which sometimes becomes dry mouth or inflammation in the throat can be a sign of low oxygen levels in the blood, chronic headaches, obesity, heart disease and blocked Airways. In this article we will discuss several ways to end snoring, but if you feel that you have health problems, consult your doctor.
How to stop snoring
1. Sleep on your side. If you usually sleep on your back, there’s a chance that the change of position will help you to stop snoring. When you lie on your back, in a strike force of gravity. The base of your tongue and soft palate slide down, partially closing the throat. It is not harmful to health, but causes unnecessary vibration in the throat that produces the sound. Try to sleep on your side, perhaps this simple action will be a solution to your problem.
2. Avoid alcohol before bedtime. Like any liquid other than water, alcohol dehydrates the body. A glass of wine before bed may seem like a good idea, especially if you hope its relaxing and soporific effect, but actually, it can cause snoring. When the throat is dehydrated, the muscles in the back of the throat become less durable. This leads to snoring. So before you sleep, make sure that next to the bed is a glass of water.
3. Enjoy a hot shower. A hot shower helps to open the nasal passages. To achieve the best effect, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil in the shower or bath. When the nasal passages opened, you’ll be able to breathe. When you breathe freely and easily, the probability of snoring decreases. Besides, a hot shower before bed will help you relax.
4. Keep an active lifestyle. Perhaps a trip to the gym does not seem a tempting idea, but weight loss will definitely help to ease the snoring. When you gain weight, your neck gets thicker. This leads to compression of the throat. Weight loss will help to avoid the negative consequences of such a process. In addition, physical activity will dramatically change the overall well-being.
5. Clear the nasal passages. As mentioned earlier, the nasal passages play a crucial role in whether you snore at night or not. If nasal passages are clogged or you are faced with allergies and sinusitis, try using a Neti pot (a teapot for nasal lavage), antikongestanty (decongestant), or nasal strips. If you want to increase the chances of getting rid of snoring, buy houseplants that purify the air well. Put a few pots in the bedroom to breathe clean air and reduce dust.
6. Frequently change pillowcases and prostinI. When it comes to free breathing, it is best to change bed linen every week. It will not take much time but will help get rid of dust and allergens that accumulate on/in your bedding, especially if you have Pets.
7. Stop Smoking. Active lifestyle and Smoking cessation – two win-win option in the fight against snoring. It is no secret that Smoking adversely affects the lungs, causing breathing difficulties. The smoke in the lungs irritates the nose and throat, causing the airway. To quit Smoking overnight is almost impossible, however, understanding the benefits that you will get will help you to quickly leave this bad habit.
8. Keep the humidity of the air in the bedroom. If the air in your bedroom is dry, consider buying a humidifier. They come in all sizes but if your bedroom is medium size, you do not need too big. Humidified air is what you need to soothe nasal passages and stop snoring.
But first, to better define what type of “Khrapunov” you belong to. This will help to reduce the list of things to try.
People who snore with my mouth closed. If your partner, imitating your snoring, do not open your mouth when you do this, then you already know what type to refer themselves. The sound coming through your nose, can be not just loud and annoying, it can also indicate problems with the tongue and nasal passages. You should try any of the following methods: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8.
People who snore with an open mouth. Oh Yes, the infamous roar of a grizzly bear often becomes a cause of ridicule and reproach. Unfortunately, this sound is usually the result of throat problems. To get rid of the unpleasant sound will help one of the tips under the number: 1, 2, 8.
People who snore on my back. If you sleep only on the back, a high probability that you constantly breathe through your mouth. This position is often the cause of snoring. Just listen to recommendation number 1 to understand that will sleeping on your side the relief.
People who snore regardless of the circumstances. If you try to sleep on your side, back and stomach, and nothing has helped, consult a doctor. Such snoring may be the cause of sleep apnea.
To snoring are often treated as an annoying habit, but remember that it may be a sign of something more serious. For many people, the tips listed in this article will be useful and will improve sleep for both partners, but if you snore for a long time and you did not help, consult your doctor for your health and calm your partner.
© 2017 – 2019, paradox. All rights reserved.