Cosmic temple Thailand Wat Phra Dhammakaya.
In Thailand, there are about 40,000 churches, and, perhaps, one of the most unusual Buddhist temple Wat Phra Dhammakaya. He’s more like a giant spaceship. The huge dome is installed 300 000 gold statues of Buddha, more than 700 thousand are inside the temple.
1. The dome is surrounded by a platform for meditation. The temple is home to about 3,000 monks, novices and laity. (Photo Lillian Suwanrumpha):
2. Its construction began in 1970 and ended in 1985. This is one of the largest temples in Thailand. (Photo Lillian Suwanrumpha):
3. These days thousands of Buddhist monks have gathered here to honor the memory of 1250 people gathered sometime before the Buddha, who dedicated them to the monks, and revealed the essence of enlightenment.(Photo Lillian Suwanrumpha):
4. Holiday Makha Bucha falls on the full moon of the third lunar month, which usually falls in February or March. This time it’s February. (Photo Lillian Suwanrumpha):
5. The festive ceremony in the temples is as follows: Buddhists three times go around the altar clockwise, holding the lighted candles. (Photo Lillian Suwanrumpha):
6. The main purpose of the holiday is not the remission of sins, and purification of mind and enlightenment. (Photo Lillian Suwanrumpha):
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.