Sunday , June 24 2018
Home / policy / Britain urged to declare a new truce in the Donbass

Britain urged to declare a new truce in the Donbass

Британия призвала объявить новое перемирие на ДонбассеThe deterioration of the security situation along the line of contact emphasizes the complete failure of the last truce.

Britain called on the Trilateral contact group on settling the situation in Donbas on the 30th of may to announce the observance of the cease-fire in Eastern Ukraine. This was stated by the British permanent representative to the UN Karen pierce at the meeting of the UN security Council in new York.

See also:  Fighting in the Donbass not cease: the published map

“The deterioration of the security situation along the line of contact in the Donetsk region highlights a complete failure of the last update of the commitment to the ceasefire. I join others in repeated calls to respect the laws of war,” said pierce.

“May I again, Mr. Chairman, to strongly encourage all parties involved to renew commitments to the ceasefire at a meeting of the Trilateral contact group, which will be held may 30,” said pierce.

See also:  The Network has compared photos of the occupied Donbass and Abkhazia

In turn, the head of the Special monitoring mission of the OSCE Ertugrul Apakan noted that the process of withdrawal of forces and means, what the parties agreed to a Framework decision in September 2016, remains suspended.

“The lack of willingness on the further implementation of this process could undermine the trust and commitment of the parties”, – said Apakan.

© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.

Check Also

Sentsov not be as appealing to Putin for pardon, – Gerashchenko

Previously, the press Secretary of the Russian President hinted that Sentsov “must take care of …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *