Russian Tatyana Akimova won in the most surprising race of the world Cup 2016-2017.
Akimova-Chevalier-Dunkley. It seems difficult to imagine a more sensational podium at the world Cup. Russian, French and American, have worked brilliantly on the range, but the most important thing for this trio is the fact that simultaneously on the shooting range failed the main favorites of the season – Dallmeier, Makarainen and Koukalova too often smeared to intervene in the distribution of prizes.
The struggle for victory was very dramatic – after standing knight, Akimov and Darnley shared less than three seconds. Last lap managed to Russian, which for 1.2 km to go still inferior to the Chevalier. Powerful finishing spurt has led to Akimov’s debut victory at the world Cup.
The best among Ukrainians with clean shooting was Irina Varvynets. Ian Cooper with one misfire came in the top 30. Yulia Jim overdid it on acceleration and made the critical number of failures.
Again went shooting at Olena Pidhrushna, smeared Merkushyna and Zhuravok one open target again is not enough speed on the course. All Ukrainian women get tomorrow’s pursuit.
Pokljuka. Women. The results of the sprint:
1. Tatiana Akimova (Russia, 0+0) 21:58.9
2. Anais Chevalier (France, 0+0) +4.3
3. Susan dunklee (USA, 0+0) +5.1
19. Iryna Varvynets (Ukraine, 0+0) +51.3
28. Jan Bondar (Ukraine, 1+0) +1:12.1
34. Jim Yulia (Ukraine, 2+1) +1:23.6
46. Olena Pidhrushna (Ukraine, 1+2) +1:38.2
48. Anastasiya Merkushyna (Ukraine ,1+1) +1:38.7
53. Yuliya Zhuravok (Ukraine, 0+1) +1:46.8
© 2016, z-news.link. All rights reserved.