Ukrainian biathlete Sergey Semenov was not enough, 18 seconds to become the winner of the 52nd world championship passing these days in Hochfilzen (Austria).
At the shooting range Semenov made one inaccurate shot is just that shot and did not allow the Ukrainians to become the winner of the world championship. Moreover, Sergei could become a world champion, because unconditional race favorite Martin Fourcade had two penalties and be content with the third position.
As for the rest of the Ukrainians, it was the best Dmitry Pidruchny which of the four misses on the shooting range were not included in the points area, but still booked their place in the mass start 19 February will be the company, was unsuccessful.
World champion in the individual race sensationally became an American biathlete Lowell Bailey, who never became the prize-winner of the world Cup. American gave 100% accuracy at the shooting range, and on the last lap found the strength to hold a slight advantage over the Czech Ongeim Moravec.
Championship of the world. Hochfilzen. Men. Results individual race:
1. Lowell Bailey (USA, 0+0+0+0) 48:07.4
2. Ondrej Moravec (Czech Republic, 0+0+0+0) +3.3
3. Martin Fourcade (France, 1+0+1+0) +21.2
4. Erik Lesser (Germany, 0+1+0+0) +32,0
5. Sergey Semenov (Ukraine, 0+0+1+0) +38.6
41. Pidruchnuy Dmytro (Ukraine, 1+1+1+1) +4:22.7
70. Ruslan Tkalenko (Ukraine, 0+1+1+3) +7:12.1
80. Alexander Bold (Ukraine, 1+2+3+1) +8:32.1
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.