This is an amazing creation.
In the world there are about 21 000 species and 520 genera of bees. They can be found on all continents except Antarctica.
1. Bees play an important role in pollinating flowering plants, being the largest group of pollinators in ecosystems that are associated with colors. Depending on the current need, the bees can focus both on gathering nectar or on gathering pollen.
2. Bees have a long proboscis, which they use to suck plant nectar. Bees have adapted to feed on pollen and nectar using the nectar primarily as an energy source, and pollen to obtain protein and other nutrients.
3. The body of most bees are covered with numerous branched electrostatic fibers that promote adhesion and transport of pollen. Periodically they clean off the pollen, collecting it in brushes (bristle hairs, most of the types are located on the legs, and some on the abdomen) and transfer it into a special pollen basket (corbicula), located between the back legs.
4. Many species of bees are poorly understood. The size of bees varies from 2.1 mm at the dwarf bee (Trigona minima) to 39 mm in the species Megachile pluto, living in Indonesia.
5. Bees, like ants, are essentially a specialized form of the OS. Today the oldest undoubted fossil bees is a godsend in Burmese amber (described in 2006). The age of discovery about 100 million years, this early Cretaceous period.
According to paleontological data, the bees live on Earth for 30 million years, their fossils are found in strata of the tertiary period. The man there is only 2 million years, and Homo sapiens, and even less — a few tens of thousands of years.
6. Bees are highly organized insects. In particular, social bees are collaborating on finding food, water, shelter if necessary, jointly protected from enemies. The bees in the hive together to build the honeycomb, care for the offspring, the uterus.
7. It’s hard to tell when early humans moved from gathering honey to the bee farming, but archaeological data confirm that 6 thousand years ago in Egypt bred domestic bees.
8. Bees as pollinators are extremely important in agriculture, and this leads to the fact that farmers in many countries agree with the beekeepers about the mutually beneficial breeding of bees near agricultural land.
9. With the bees was from ancient times is associated with a huge number of myths and legends. Thus, according to the ancient Egyptians, the soul of the deceased left the man in the form of a bee.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.