This movie for 32 years.
32 years ago, on may 22, 1985 on the screens USA released Hollywood blockbuster “Rambo: First blood” — a film by Ted Kotcheff about unkillable soldier John Rambo. We offer you a little nostalgia and remember the most interesting facts about this cult film, once the coolest.
1. After the success of the film in the USSR “Rambo” became a household word ironic name for people who are obsessed with “military”. For example, in the Soviet film “Passport” the main character Merab Papashvili says the Jewish uncle of the wife of his half-brother, who considers him a Soviet spy, but because it sends him the gun: “safety on, Rambo”.
2. The film is based on the book by David Morrell “First blood”. This novel is the debut of American writer was first published in 1972. Became a bestseller. In Russia also published under the name “Rambo”.
3. When David Morrell has come up with a name for my protagonist, his wife bought the Apple variety Rambo, which in America brought a Swiss immigrant. So a veteran of the Vietnam war received the name.
4. Rambo could play al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, Clint Eastwood and John Travolta.
Here are the reasons for their rejection of the role:
Al Pacino wanted to portray just a crazy veteran, so the film company rejected his candidacy.
– Hoffman turned down the role because of the cruelty and played woman in “Tootsie” (1982).
– Clint Eastwood announced that she’s busy.
– John Travolta Stallone was not allowed neither in the first nor in the second film of the series, did not want to share the glory. According to rumors, Travolta could not forgive him for what he stole his role, and then shot him in the movies, turning it into a caricature, like the movie “Staying alive” (1983).
5. The original proposed budget of $ 11 million was significantly exceeded. The total cost of the film made nearly $ 15 million in connection with the fact that the filming process lasted for 1 month longer.
6. Starring Sylvester Stallone was very unhappy with the film. At first he even tried to buy the tape to her no one else saw. However, it soon cooled down and asked the producers to cut his face from the movie. In the end, the final version of the movie was two times less in duration.
7. David Morrell (pictured) in the book “killed” his character. However, the success of the film forced him again to take up the pen and write the second part where Rambo miraculously turns up alive and well.
8. There is also an uncut version of film with alternative ending: Colonel Trautman still is a killer Rambo (according to the original plot of the book). Was tested, and it turned out that the audience for such a finale is not for everyone: the first of these views was held in Las Vegas. Throughout the film the audience liked what they saw on the screen, but in the end, when Rambo dies in the cinema was incredibly quiet. And suddenly someone said the following phrase: “If in the hall there is a Director, then I’ll break his face!”
9. “First blood” is bloody and violent film. But if you look, it appears that the victims-a total of four: the assistant Sheriff, who by his own fault fell from the helicopter and three officers who died in a car bomb when he went after Rambo. At the same time in the original plot of the book, the veteran becomes a murderer at least ten people.
10. Sylvester Stallone asked for the role of $ 3.5 million, but the producers persuaded him to agree to $ 2 million. Another 1.5 million he received from the rental of the film on TV.
11. Unlike “rocky”, “First blood” award is not claimed, and critics have reacted in different ways: someone with enthusiasm, and someone with disgust. However, it turned out to be much more powerful film. “First blood” has set a new bar for realistic staging of the action.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.