How to reduce the cost of communal
According to the Director of DTEK ESCO Eugene Bosma in Ukraine apply to certified metering devices that help to save energy.
By themselves, the counters of water, heat, gas and electricity not save resources, but reflect actual rather than estimated consumption. This gives the person the opportunity to analyze their own energy consumption and make the decision on what energy saving and energy efficiency measures you must take to ultimately pay less for energy.
“A-zone metering, apart from recording the amount of electricity consumed, think, how many kilowatt-hours were consumed in a day and how much night, from 23:00 to 07:00. The night tariff for electricity for residential customers two times lower than during the day. People imperceptibly in the middle and so consume about 30% of electricity at night (the refrigerator, do not turn off electrical appliances, TV, computer, etc.).
After the installation of two-band counters, some people transferred to night mode up to 80% of domestic electricity consumption. For example, using outlets with timers programming energy-consuming appliances (washing machines, boilers) on automatic switching on and off between 23:00 and 07:00.
Very useful solution for home users is a series of energy-efficient products and services “Rozumny WATT”, which includes two-band the meters with a quick turnkey installation, LED lights and smart power sockets with timers. These kits help to save up to 50% of the family energy costs through an integrated approach to savings. Kits now available to customers in Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk and Donetsk regions. These kits allow you to save up to 50% in heating costs in apartment buildings with horizontal layout of the heating system”, – says Evgeniy Bushma.
The expert also listed other ways to reduce the cost of communal:
1. Upgrade the heating system. If it’s a private residence, it is possible to replace your old gas boiler for a modern, automated with high efficiency, insulate the pipe below the path from the boiler to the rooms of the apartment they do not lose heat. Instead of a gas boiler to install a system of electric heating and night time to pay for heating the house two times less than during the day.
Also now becoming more popular heat pumps that heat the house in winter due to ground heat, which is very beneficial. But the cost of installing a heat pump can be high and the payback period is significantly different in different houses. Alternative earth heat pump can be air source heat pump and water.
In an apartment building with Central heating, you can install individual heat points (ITP) with automatic climate control the supply and distribution of heat. This ITP in conjunction with the balancing of the risers allows you to provide a comfortable temperature of 18-22 degrees in all apartments, to avoid Perelomov, due to which many people had previously opened the window, releasing valuable Giga-calorie on the street.
2. Set the heat controls on the batteries, where possible. They allow you to adjust the room temperature to a comfortable level so as not to release heat outside. There are automatic controllers that continuously support given for the room temperature which allows more efficiently to save heat.
3. Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance of the heating system. For example, before every heating season you need to clean the heating system, including radiators. They can accumulate a variety of deposits that impair heat transfer.
It is also necessary to check the reliability of valves and pipes, what condition they’re in, to avoid leaks, cracks, rust.
4. Replace Windows and doors for energy efficient, regularly check and adjust the fit of the seals. This will prevent drafts and save up to 30% of the heat in the apartment.
5. Use heat-reflective screens on the wall behind the radiator batteries. Thanks to them, the battery will not heat the wall and the air outside, and the room.
6. Comprehensively insulate the building. Under the so-called “continuous line”, it is necessary to fully insulate the walls, basement, attic and the roof of the building, leaving no cold bridges. This recommendation is relevant to private homes, and especially for high-rise buildings. They often suffer from “quilted insulation”, which can even lead to the appearance of mold on the interior walls and cracks at the junction of the insulated and non-insulated surfaces.
7. Use the heat recovery. Heat exchangers allow fresh air into the room, but keep you warm.
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.