15 April 1912 was one of the worst disasters of the 20th century.
As a result of collision with an iceberg in the Atlantic ocean sank the largest at that time, the ship “Titanic”.
The tragedy killed more than 1,500 people.
Since then, the name Titanic has become synonymous as a symbol of doom and sad fate.
It would seem that in these pictures there is nothing so terrifying and creepy. On the contrary, each photograph shows the luxurious life and the fashions of the era.
But they acquire a tinge of slovesnosti precisely because each of us knows what the outcome of the first and last voyage of this famous ship.
1. 1912… the Famous Titanic moves from Southampton to Queenstown, Ireland in 1912.
2. The Treasurer of the Titanic Hugh Walter McElroy and captain Edward J. Smith. Smith aboard the famous giant during its travel from Southampton to Queenstown, Ireland.
The person who made this picture, the Reverend F. M. brown, went on Board the ship in Queenstown, three days before the ship collided with an iceberg and sank.
3. The passengers of the Titanic slowly walking past the chairs, stacked neatly on the deck of the ship.
4. The inspector checks the safety belt on the crew of the Titanic in Southampton. As we know from events that happened later, very few people are saved.
5. In the pictures of the feed and the upper promenade deck for passengers of the second and third classes.
6. “Titanic” still in the port.
7. And in this photo –the boat, which, as we know, later, not enough at all during the rescue operation.
8. The ladder on which first class passengers were held in expensive and luxurious À la Carte restaurant. Comes to mind the famous scene from the eponymous movie…
9. Leather chairs and dining tables in the main dining room of the Titanic. The claim for luxury is evident.
10. Cafe Parisien is located directly behind the restaurant À la Carte, offered wealthy passengers stunning views of the ocean.
Note the wicker furniture.
11. Cozy patio on the deck of the Titanic with wicker chairs and loungers for your comfort passengers in first class.
12. In this photo you can see the interior of one of the cabins.
13. Cabin as first class on the inside.
14. Reading room and library on the upper deck of the ship.
15. In the photo from left passengers involved in spinning classes at the gym of the Titanic.
The photo on the right sports equipment: rowing machine in front of the photo, at a distance –mechanical trainer-saddle.
16. Huge pool, situated on the middle deck of the ship, amazed by its size.
17. The lounge for first class passengers.
18. And, finally, “Titanic” set sail from the port and heading to his first and last fatal flight.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.